Had unprotected sex. Took Norlevo. Had heavy bleeding, stomach cramps, mood swings, stress. Chances of pregnancy?

Hi doctor, Me and ny girlfriend had unprotected sex 1day after the last day of ther period (meaning on day 6-7). Few hours later she took one pill of norlevo . 1 day later at night, she started seeing some blood spot but very light. The next morning (today) she woke up she heavy bleeding and stomach cramps and i think mood swings and stress . Can you please help me and inform me abr what is happening ? Is is because she got pregnant? Will this continue? Is it dangerous/bad sign? When to act and what to do? I am really thankfull fOr taking the time to answer my question. Kind Regards, Many Thanks, Joe. Is there something that she can take to calm this abdomen pain?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Hi ! Good afternoon and a Happy New Year 2014. I am Dr Shareef answering your query.

Even though your girl friend took a birth control pill/emergency pill, it is not a hundred percent guarantee against pregnancy. I would suggest her to go for a serum HCG estimation and an ultrasound of the pelvis if need be and if advised by your gynaecologist to confirm/exclude a pregnancy. Further management would depend on the report of these tests. For the present, she can take some kind of over the counter anti spasmodic tablet to relieve her abdominal pain.

I hope this information would help you in discussing with your family physician/treating doctor in planning your treatment. Thanks for using the health care magic forum for your query on health. Wishing you an early recovery. Dr Shareef.