Had unprotected sex. Taken birth control pill, had heavy period, cramps. Meaning?

hi, I had unprotected sex on the sat 23rd march at about 8am, this was a day before i ovulated i then took a morning after pill on mon 25th march at about 8pm.. I then started to bleed 8 days early which was on the 1st april, I usually have heavy periods but this period was very light and didn't fill even half of a small tampon, I ended up just using panty liners because the tampon was uncomfortable to where seen as the blood wasnt much, this lasted for 6 days the blood was pink reddish then brown towards the end, I had a fair amount of cramping.. I stopped bleeding yesterday but I still had some cramping today....... I just wanted to know if this is normal because I've taken the same pill before and have never experienced this, although i know things can be different each time.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013