Had unprotected sex. Periods postponed. Pregnancy test negative. Light pink discharge seen. Reason?

hi there! recently I had unprotected sex, my period is currently a little over a week late, i took a pregnancy test and it came up negative, but i have been experiencing all period symptoms except i have not been bleeding . however today i noticed i had a light pinky very water- like discharge ( i think ) can you tell me what could be a possible answer to what i am experiencing?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013
The delay in periods with the light pink discharge could be due to an impending period. Since the pregnancy test is negative, there is no need to worry. This spotting will increase to a bleeding like your normal periods.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,