Had unprotected sex. Negative pregnancy test. Worried

hi, i had unprotected sex with my partner on 21st November 2012 although he didn t ejaculate inside. after that i got my periods on 6th December and after that on 12 January. i did home pregnancy test and they are all negative. but i am still worried can i be pregnant. i read on internet that even if you are pregnant, you can have normal periods or may be it something else but you have mistaken it with your periods. I did last HPT on 25th january and its negative. on net i read that the best time to do HPT is one week after your missed periods. so by missed periods they mean the first period after the sexual intercourse or any missed periods after intercourse. since i got 2 periods after sex, so this means HPT test will not be correct until i miss my periods. after how many days of sex can HPT be done with surity?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013
Sep 2012
Hello,l Welcome to HCM, I am Dr. Das

Look, in pregnancy, it is impossible to
1. have 2 periods
2. have negative home pregnancy tests.

That means, in pregnancy, HCG levels are increased which gets detected by home pregnancy tests. Multiple negative tests indicate absence of pregnancy.

So, do not not worry. You are not at all, pregnant.

If still you have some doubts, do an ultrasonography of whole abdomen to look for any sign of pregnancy. It is gold standard in this field.