Had unprotected sex. Having vaginal itching, white discharge and burning during urination. Worrisome

hi dr. lundi. i actually just returned from a planned parent appointment with concern of a yeast infection . i made the appointment over a week ago after having unprotected sex with a new partner and becoming paranoid w what i had done. with in the week my symptoms became more obvious. a little vaginal itch , very pink vaginal area (from what i could see), not real burning when i urinate, but a little odd feeling in/around my vagina. im not in pain or great discomfort... but something just feels... off and a little cloudy white discharge ... until this morning, when i used the restroom and wiped away chunky greenish yellow discharge. upset and feeling dirty, i made the mistake of showering and finger swiping away what was there, making a swab impossible at my appointment. so they sent me away with no answers but they threw around ideas of trich which is new to me and has me concerned. i understand with out seeing me, you cant diagnose, but wondered if there maybe other things i should be looking out for?
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012