Had unprotected sex. Having brown discharge. Negative pregnancy test. Still be pregnant?

i ve been having unprotected sex with my husband he is the only person i ve had sex with and so am i to him...i didn t get my period this month but i ve been having brown discharge and some bleeding but it s not my period there is no cramping like i usually get...when i first started my period i was irregular it started to get normal when i became sexually active. I took a pregnancy test last week and came out negative.... i don t understand the brown discharge????Could i be pregnant or have an infection?
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013