Had unprotected sex. Got anxiety

Hi there, I am an 18 year old girl, I dont smoke or drink often. On july 4th of this year, I had unprotected sex at a party, this included vaginal and oral, however the guy didnt climax inside. I have had no symptoms and after 12 weeks and 4 days my result came back as negative and i didnt have any STI's. I have been suffering with anxiety and am currently in a new relationship and couldnt be happier. I spoke to my doctor and they said i should re test after 6 months (January 2014) to be 100 % certain, im just worried because i dont want it to change and im not sure how likely it is. Im struggling to cope on a day to day basis and its on my mind when I am not occupied. Could you please give me some feedback for reassurance? Thank you

Jenna

Asked On : Fri, 18 Oct 2013
May 2013
As your test results came back as negative and as you are not having any symptoms, there is less possibility for any infection.
So no need to worry.
If you have any symptoms like altered or increased vaginal discharge, itching, external lesions etc, then there is possibility of some infection.
In that case consult gynecologist once, get examined and go for vaginal swab culture and sensitivity.
If you do not have any symptoms in these 12 weeks, there is less possibility for transmission of any infection.
You can repeat the tests after 3 months as told by your doctor to rule out the infections.
Better to use barrier method of contraception future.