Had unprotected sex. Forgotten to take Estelle. Is this okay?

I have been taking the pill Estelle-35 for about 2 years now but last time I had my period I forgot to take it for a week, I started taking it again but had unprotected sex on the 6th day. I went to the pharmacist and he said i need to take the morning after pill and continue to use my pill as normal. I usually skip the inactive pills so that I take 2 pill packs before having bleed so that it s not as frequent. Is this still ok to do even though I ve taking the MAP?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013