Had unprotected sex. Experiencing early pregnancy symptoms. Chances of pregnancy?

Hi Doctor, I ve experiencing cramping and sore breasts for weeks similar to the ones i have before a period, but the thing is i am already a week and a half late with my period and recently i ve been constipated,exhausted and I often feel irritated at people around me for no reason. Me and my fiance have not been using protection and i was on a contraceptive injection but stopped a year and a half back. I think i m pregnant but wanted to know how long to wait before taking a test.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013
Mar 2013
All the symptoms that you are experiencing are sometimes found in pregnancy, but not specific for the same.
It is really difficult to say whether these are early pregnancy related symptoms, or just premenopausal symptoms, as both overlap.
To differentiate between the two, the easiest and the first step is to take a urine pregnancy test.
All the best.