Had unprotected sex. Deposit shot expired. Have sore breasts, eating and peeing more. Pregnancy?

Hi I just ended the deposit shot a week ago I only had one and I didn't get the second shot. But my three months are up since a week ago. I've been having unprotected sex for two weeks and my fiance came in me all throughout that time. I'm having very sore breasts and nipples and eating more peeing more etc. I have a three year old so I know what pregnancy feels like and I feel as though I am pregnant. Is it possible that I could be? Also my period ended the 22nd of last month and started the 12th of last month so I think I'm also late.
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

It is certainly possible to be pregnant, but unlikely. The depo-shot is actually quite effective at preventing pregnancy. The effect of the shot actually lasts a little bit longer than 12 weeks, so you were likely still protected during the time of unprotected intercourse. That being said, nothing is 100%, so you should check a pregnancy test now and repeat it in one week. If it remains negative, then your symptoms are likely cycle related.

I hope that this helps. If you have more questions, please click on "ASK ME A QUESTION" link above to directly ask me a question!
Critical Care Specialist Dr. Sadiq Mughal's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
Your periods are delayed and the symptoms you described are of pregnancy.Chances of pregnancy are high since you had no protection against pregnancy.Get your urine examination done to confirm or rule out pregnancy as cause for your symptoms.
Hope this answers your question.