Had unprotected oral sex. Taken antibiotics for tonsillitis. Have yellow-white things on tonsils. Viral or bacterial infection?

Hey doctor, I would like to ask you something that make me worried. On 22nd of Dec i had unprotected oral sex and after couple days i had some yellow-white things on my tonsils. I went to doctor and he gave me antibiotic telling me that is tonsillitis . I have antibiotic now for 1 week and i still have it. Is it something bad or its just normal viral or bacterial infection ? Thank you!
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013