Had unprotected intercourse, frequent urination, tender penis. Could constant checking cause urethritis or balanitis?

I have had several sexual encounters over the past year. All but 1 with a condom and 1 where a condom broke. After the one where the condom broke, I have been constantly checking myself. (multiple times per day). About a month later, out of the blue I had to urinate constantly and my penis was very tender. I got checked from Chlamidia and gonorhea and negative. I made myself quit checking so often and it has subsided. My question is, could constantly checking myself like that cause urithritis or balantis which could cause me to have to urinate constantly. By the way...Not other symptoms other than that..No discharge , no lesions....my penis was irritated , but I beleive that was from it rubbing as I shave that area, but had not dones so in two weeks. It think it was rubbing on the growing hair...as soon as I shaved, that stopped as well.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012