Had undergone a dual heart replacement. PT-INR test showing high values. Acitrom dosage increased. Bluish bruises on the body. Side effect?

hi, my mom s age is 54, she has undergone a dual heart replacement in yr 2001. now the prblm is her PT-INR test has shown value of 1.2 . Dr, increased the power of Acitrom 1 mg to 2 mg and later 2/3 mg alternate day. and nowadays she is taking 3 mg. she has noticed blue color bruises in her body, is it the side effect ? is it of very serious concern . kindly let me know how to sort out the things. The cardiologist is out of station to whom we are consulting.
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012