Had umbilical hernia repaired. Had seven incisions done. Is this correct?

i just had an umbilical hernia repair done with the mesh inserted. i had a total of seven incisions - 4 incisions in a square pattern around my navel. this was done to sew the four corners of the patch to my inner stomach wall. the other three incisions were up and down the right side of my stomach. i am assuming these were needed to insert what tools were needed to do the work. i have since looked at pictures of this type of surgery and have one friend that had this done also and i can not find anything that resembles what my surgery looks like. was my surgery done correctly? my stomach is going to have scars all over it. Tony Raleigh NC
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013