Had ulna shortening done. Taking occupational therapy. Swelling near plate, painful. Is this normal?

Hi I had ulna shortening 10 months ago and was in cast for 4 months afterwards as bones took a long time to fuse I then had physio and am still having occupational therapy once a week I am due to have the plate removed in 2 weeks but I have now developed a swelling where the pâté is in situ and my arm is extremely painful on movement and very warm to the touch is this normal with plates or should I seek medical advise at my a and e department
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013