Had twisted bowel surgery, feeling pulling on scar when coughing. Could stitches have pulled a muscle?

I had twisted bowel surgery 10 weeks ago, my scar has healed fine accordin 2 my doctor. 6 weeks later I coughed n felt the side of my scar pull, it still hurts wen I cough and sneeze . I ve got 2 wait till sept 2 c my specialist again! I m in a lot of pain, I ve been to the docs 3x and he s said it s a waitin game. Could my stitches have pulled a muscle or is it worse than that??
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012
U should not worry much for that as it will go with time..avoid acts like coughing sneezing or pressure at stools to promote proper healing. It is not uncommon to hv such complaints aftrr abdominal will definatly go with time.take some cough syrups for cough