Had turbinate reduction, nose bleed. Taken prednisone. Am I okay?

I had turbinate reduction in October 2012. Approximately 4 weeks after that, I had a horrible nose bleed , requiring an ambulance ride to Emergency Department. They plugged the left side of my nose for 4 days and put me on an antibiotic/painkillers for 10 days. Approximately 7 weeks ago, I lost my sense of smell and taste. I saw my ENT Surgeon about this and he said it s most likely a virus. Not sure I agree with that, but regardless, he s the expert. He put me on 50 mg/ Prednisone a day for 5 days, 40 mg for 3 days, 20 mg for 3 days, then 10 for 3 days and 5 for 3 days. I follow up with him again next week. I still cannot taste or smell anything. The odd time, if something is very strong, I can get a slight quick smell of it. But barely any at all. If I had to measure it, I d say my sense of smell is gone 98% and taste is completely gone. I am getting worried that this might become permanent. I should mention as well that my left sinus has been filling up with clear fluid since the hemorrage. Related? Perhaps. Can you offer any advice? I am also taking Zinc daily.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013