Had tumor removed from bladder, suffering from lymphedema. Catheter inserted. Further?

I am 72 . Had a tumour removed from bladder in 1985,suffering from Lymphedema of the right lower limb , for the past 8 years caused by the nodal blocks due to irradiation, managing with elastic stockinet. A month ago I underwent internal urethrotomy via the cystoscope- using an instrument urethrotome. This is to cut and dilate the narrowed portion in the urethra (lower urinary passage). Following this a check cystoscopy was done to look for any bladder growth....happily there was none. On the completion of the procedure a 16F Foley catheter was inserted into the bladder which was retained for a week .I took PERCIN (Prulifloxacin) for 10 days followed by ceftum 250MG for 5 days. But my pain during urination still persists. Tablets urispas and urikind are not great help. What should I do? Kindly help. Thank you. T.K.Thanthoni
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012