Had tubes in ears, a ear blocked with wax. Ear had green goo with bad smell. Diagnosis?

Hi, my 2year old had Tubes in his ears a year ago. We have been to our family doctor a few times since then and when they checked his ears they would always tell me that this one ear was blocked with wax and he couldn t see the tube, but it was okay to have wax in his ear. I recently caught him with a q-tip in his ear. I then noticed that it had a white- greenish color goo on it, and his ear had a lot of it in it... and it smelled horrible. I ve never put a q- tip in it because I was told not I had know idea. He has also got his ears wet in a pool recently so I m not sure if that has anything to do with it. What should/ what can I do?
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012