Had tubes burnt. Bled while running. Am I still ovulating?

I have been fixed for a long time now, had my tubes burnt. Can a woman ovulate though? I am still having my periods and will be 45 next month. I noticed i had a bloody spot with brown on my undearwear when i got done with my running. I have never had that before especially with exercising. Also last time when i had sex with my bf he noticed a thick creamy discarge on his belly and penis and a odor which was unpleasant for us. What could it be?
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013
Mar 2014
Hello and welcome,

Burning of the tubes does not stop ovulation and periods. It simply does not allow the ovum to meet the sperm as the passage from where they pass is burnt and hence blocked. So pregnancy cannot occur while all other functions remain the same.

The spotting may be due to infection. So please get an examination by a doctor to look for cervical erosions [ infection of cervix] and polyps [ non cancerous tumors of cervix]. Also get a swab test to rule out infection. If these are negative then further tests for hormones and ultrasound may be needed.

Most likely it is infection and will get corrected with drugs.

Hope this satisfies your query.
Thanks for using HCM.     
Feel free to ask any more questions that you may have.
Dr Madhuri Bagde
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist