Had triple hernia surgery, have discomfort in inguinal area. Time for recovery?

Thursday will be 4 weeks since triple hernia surgery 1 umbilical 2 with 2 pieces of mesh on left inguinal . I am a carpenter and 55 years old. I still have discomfort mainlly in the inguinal area somes times a pinching needle like pain and sometimes a dull pain if I attempt some minor tasks I usually end up in some discomfort and I am tired . Is this usually? I am supposed to go back to work on monday but I don t believe I can I m usually very active but this has slowed me down .Thinking of calling doctor to ask for more time off.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013