Had triple bypass operation, difficulty in speaking. Is this normal after surgery?

My brother-in-law had a triple by-pass operation last Monday, April 23, 2012. He seemed to do well and has had little, if any problems, until a couple of days ago. He suddenly seems to have difficulty speaking, such as slurred speech . If he really focuses on it, he can talk clearly, but sometimes he is very difficult to understand. It never sounded that way before. Is this normal after surgery?
Asked On : Fri, 4 May 2012
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.
Difficulty in speaking and slurring of the speech are not seen after the surgery of triple bypass.
This speech abnormality suggests involvement of brain speech center or cranial nerve involvement.
I suggest you to take a neurophysician opinion as early as possible.
Hope I have answered your query.