Had triple bypass NAND tissue valve replacement, not recovered on life support. Loss of memory and speech after surgery. Suggestion?

My dad is 80 and 10 days ago underwent triple heart bypass NAND tissue valve replacement . Unfortunately his recovery is not at all what was expected . He came round totally disorientated ripping out tubes etc .... Refusal of food totally , cnt and won t sleep then was sedated for his own rest . Still in Critical care unit on a life support ventilator n has now developed a very very bad cough and wheeze on the chest . He is now being fed thru a tube in his nose but suddenly things went even worse about 5 days ago . Loss of memory not recognising family severe mood swings to go home etc .... And now las 3/4 days TOTAL LOSS OF SPEECH !!! The cat scan shows no signs of stroke however all the symptoms show stroke a neurologist & speech therapist r to asses him on Monday along with his Cardiologist at New Cross Hospital in Wolverhampton ...... Help as a family we r totally distressed n never saw this coming after the operation which was a life saving decision ..... Dad had lung/ heart disease & diabetes
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012