Had trichimes. On flagl. Have discharge. Help?

Doctor I had a diacharge after having my baby, been tested for std Thas was negative, then was told I had trichimos ? Not sure how to spell it but some type of fungus, was given flagl and still have the discharge now been given doxyclyclen and finished those meds now I still have this discharge no smell to it, what can this be.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Not every vaginal discharge is due to some infection. Especially in trichomoniasis the discharge is frothy or purulent , has abnormal odor and associated with itching.
If your discharge is not frothy , odorless, no itching and no pain then it may be normal vaginal discharge.
Also an important aspect in treatment is to rule out other STD through tests. I suppose that has already been done in your case.
Now that your oral medications are over and you are still worried about ant residual infection ,I suggest you get certain investigation done not only to look for trichomoniasis but also to find out any other organism involved.
Investigations suggested :
1. Vaginal swab for culture and sensitivity
2. Vaginal pH determination
3. Test for other STDs if not already been tested.
As a precautionary measure use condom during sexual intercourse. Treatment of your partner is also necessary.