Had total hysterectomy. Taking Premarin. Looking for a treatment. Worried about the findings?

I had total hysterectomy will be 1 year this April. My problem is been cleared by dr and said all is good. But pain with intercourse is freaking awful. Dr gave me Premarin cream and I've tried every lubrication but still painful. I initiate it so its not lack of desire. No matter how slow or lubrication we use its almost like I tear a tiny bit. For 2 weeks or longer I am in agonizing pain. This last time dr said its like the opening on one side was raw and gave me a steroid type ointment to use for 14 days twice a day. I'm frustrated and even though my husband doesn't complain he is trying to be understanding I feel stressed out. We are 50 years old and only married 10 years so our relationship is still new. I'm at loss we've only had sex maybe 8 times since surgery. I had abdominal surgery because my 3 children were born by c section and I had lots of scar tissue, which caused lots of issues for me. If there is anything that you can offer to assist me please
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013