Had tooth extracted, led to dry socket. Why do I have fever, nausea and stuffed nose now?

I had a tooth extracted which led to dry socket. The dentist treated it w/ antibiotic and it sealed up. Quickly after I got a cold with the most rotten tasting/smelling mucus (so bad other can smell it) accompanied, by intermittent headache, slight fever, nausea (from swallowing it I anticipate) & stuffed up nose only in the nasal passage over the tooth extraction site. OTC meds only make me feel better for a little bit at a time. HELP!
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jun 2012