Had tonsils removed. Pain medication causing sickness. What should I do?

Our 34 year old daughter had her tonsils removed on Wed. The last day and a half have been pretty rough. She is unable to take the pain medication , it makes her so sick to her stomach . Is there anything you recommend she do. Are there any food other than salsa and chips to stay away from. Her twin sister had them removed 4 years ago, and her dr. told her no pop, no dairy products this time the dr. just said no chips and salsa
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012