Had tonsillectomy, larangoscopy few days ago. Prescribed painkillers. No help. Suggestions for pain relief?

Good morning. I am a 50 yr. old female who had a tonsillectomy and larangoscopy a few days ago. (1/22/2013). My dr. prescribed Tylenol w/ codeine , liquid form. I called his office yesterday because that medicine is not doing a thing for me as far as my SEVERE pain!!! He is now out of town, but they supposedly contacted him for me. He told them the Tylenol is the only pain medicine he could give me in a liquid form. I know that is not true!! What can I do. Don t want to go in to the week-end without some pain relief!!!
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013