Had tongue bite. Got one stitch. White stuff seen on the wound. Using peroxide to clean. Normal?

Hi, I slipped and bit my tongue four days ago I went to the hospital that night and got only one stitch but the wound was pretty bad one stitch didnt do any good it slipped right off the next morning when I tried brushing my teeth . i went back they said they couldn't do anything . White stuff is feeling up the wound. I'm not sure if that means its healing but it's peeling off slowly. I'm just wondering if that is normal. Should I do anything about it? I've been using peroxide to clean my mouth .
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response

The white stuff you that you have mentioned is usually because of the healing of the wound. Please continue using peroxide to clean your mouth. Do not worry about the white stuff; ideally, just keep a watch everyday. Unless you see any change in that area, do not worry until your next follow up visit to hospital.