Had thyroidectomy for papillary thyroid cancer. Pulsing sensation during PET scan. What could this be?

Hi, I am a 38 year old female, and I have TWO HEALTH QUESTIONS to address. About a year ago, I was diagnosed with papillary thyroid cancer and had a total thyroidectomy . A recent ultrasound showed a possible reoccurrence in a couple of lymph nodes. So, for the past 2 weeks, I have been on a low iodine diet, preparing for a PET Scan and RAI uptake scan. During this time (mostly while sitting upright), I noticed a painless throbbing/pulsating sensation in my mid/left back. It grew worse after taking thyrogen shots, and even worse after taking the radioactive iodine pill for the RAI Scan. The pulsating grew very rapid while I was lying on the RAI imaging machine. (HEALTH QUESTION #1): What could this pulsating sensation possibly be, and should I be concerned? I also have Grave s Eye Disease, and have been having some eyelid swelling for about 3-4 months. Both of my top eyelids have a significant lump in them. (HEALTH QUESTION #2): Is this normal for Grave s Eye Disease? Can they be cancerous? Can they be removed?
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012