Had thyroidectomy done. Been sick 3 times in last 6 months. Normal?

I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and had a thyroidectomy last August. My physician kept me well informed and everything followed as I was told. I got my calcium levels up, started feeling fatigues and irritable until they got my medication leveled off. I feel really good. I am not one to catch cold . I normally get sick 1 every 2-3 years. Since my surgery 6 months ago, I ve seen sick 3 times. Is this normal or is part of the getting older phase. By the way, I m 50 years old and female.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013