Had thyroid treated with radio active iodine. Why was voice hoarse? Why does throat hurt now?

I had my thyroid treated with radio active iodine in 97. A few years ago I had an ultrasound done to see why my voice was hoarse, and the tech said I only have fragments of thyroid tissue left, but she did see a mass on the left side, this was only the tech, not a doctor. By the time the dr was able to connect me with a specialty dr, I lost my health coverage. Since then, my voice has become more hoarse, but most of all, I have a huge lump on the left side of my throat, and under my adams apple. It looks like a huge goiter , but it shouldn t be right? The lump on the left hurts sometimes, and the lump under my adams apple hurts when I touch it. So how do I know if it s scar tissue and would scar tissue make both side from top to bottom of my throat area large. Would could this be? I heard that the radio active iodine causes cancer of the thyroid cartiage. thank you
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012