Had thyroid lobectomy, trying to concieve. Is treatment for existing thyroid nodule safe during pregnancy?

I am 38 years old. About eight years ago, when I was about seven months pregnant, I was diagnosed with a large thyroid nodule . Several biopsies later ( and many years) I had a thyroid lobectomy . Tis was three years ago. I am not on any thyroid medication. I have a few nodules / cysts in the hyoid I have left. I am thinking of having another baby but I am worried that the growth hormone will cause the existing nodules to grow. What are the chances of this? The original cyst was 6cm in diameter and I did not have it before I was pregnant. If the nodules did grow, would treatment during pregnancy be safe? Thank you. Karen
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012