Had thyroid killed with radioactive iodine. Have high BP. Increased medication. Recommendations?

I had my thyroid killed w/radioactive iodine in Jan. of 13. now i'm not on anything and my doctor is waiting til my levels are right to go on sinthyroid i guess. but my blood pressure went sky high and i feel terrible. he increased my blood pressure meds. my guestion is should i look for some else or is he doing the right thing. i'm really upset about the whole thing. i had over active thyroid for about a tear and a half.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013