Had teeth taken out and skin peels. Why? Why is lower lip dry and sore?

I have had teeth extracted,the last one was taken out in July.when I finish taking the antibiotic I developed a pealing of the skin in my mouth,I went to the doctors and he thougth it was thrush.Took meds that were prescribe,did not help.Been back 2 more time ,prescribe the same drug for the second time and a mouth wash for the last time.My mouth is not shedding skin anymore but my lower lip is sore,dry and burning.what could it be ?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012
Dentist 's  Response

Welcome to health care magic forum.

The peeling of skin after administration of antibiotics is due to antibiotic sensitvity reactions on skin.

Apply dologel as well as petroleum jelly on lips to prevent dryness.

Drink plenty of fluids as well as fruit juices.

Avoid smoking,spicy foods.

Maintain oral hygiene well.

Hope this helps.