Had tampon removed, brown discharge. Is it normal to be swollen in the abdominal area?

I had a tampon removed on Wednesday. I didn t know I had left one in there until I started to feel ill and had brown discharge. The PCP removed it and let me go. I still wasn t feeling well and went to the urgent care where they did another pap and made sure nothing was missed. I got an Rx for Fluconazole and Metronidazole (7 days) however I feel very swollen. The inside (vaginal) bleeds when I insert the applicator so I don t know if that is normal? My question is, is it normal to be so swollen in the abdominal area (under chest area too). No pain, just swollen!
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013