Had taken methyldopa for hypertension during pregnancy. Could that be the reason for miscarriage?

Hi my name is Leticia I just recently had a miscarriage and I was 8 weeks into my pregnancy. I had gone to the doctor s and he told me that everything was fine and that my baby was growing perfect and his heart was good and strong. I also had found out I had hypertension , so he had prescribed me with Methyldopa 250 MG. I would like to know if there is a chance that maybe this medication had something to do with my miscarriage, that it might have effected him or her in any way?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013