Had surgery to repair the broken wrist. Blood clot in the wrist, fingers amputated. Can you explain how did this happen?

Two years ago I fell broke my wrist and had surgery to repair with a striker plate and screws, now two years later I developer blood clots in my wrist which led to amputation of several fingers, could this be caused by the striker plate, I ask because I am so afraid of it happening again and also curious as to why I did not get clots anywhere else. Thank you. Donnabell bowler. YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013