Had surgery to remove plate that came loose in upper jaw. Painful hole now. Next?

Hi, I recently had surgery to remove a plate that had come loose from my upper jaw, right above my canine tooth . I also told the surgeon that I had noticed a hole that had been there since my initial double jaw surgery. The surgeon said he didn t notice any hole. Now, one week after surgery, the stitches that are right over the spot the hole was have popped loose and now there is a huge painful hole in my upper gum and lip, right above my canine tooth. My canine tooth has started hurting and my nose keeps running on the side of the hole. What could this possibly be?
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012