Had surgery for ventriculoperitaneal shunt. Having stomach pain, passing only mucous with blood, gas during bowel movements. Reason?

Hi. I had surgery about 3 weeks ago (ventriculoperitaneal (sp?) shunt ) which has been fine but since then I have had real trouble with my bowel movements. I have had a lot of stomach pains and always feeling like I need to go to the loo but nothing happens. When I do go to the loo I am often passing a clear mucus , sometimes with blood in it. I also find I have a lot of gas in which mucus also comes out. What is this mucus and what does it mean?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013