Had surgery for trigeminal neuralgia. Had meningitis, passed out after lumbar puncture. Memory loss since then. Solution?

I m trying to get answers. I had surgery 10yrs ago for trigeminal neuralgia 3 days after discharge I developed menningingitis and was back in the hospital. I don t remember much of the experience, after the lumbar pucture, I passed out in the ct scanner with a temp of 106. I did recover And went back to work. I noticed ever since the experience, loss of memory , I would give a lecture at school, and if someone asked a question, I would be unable to answer it. Even thou I have answered the question many times in the past. Through the years I has increased to the point , that I don t teach any more. I ll give lectures , but I keep them simple. When I read I have a hard time concentrating, the woorse part is my retention ability is terrable.. Prior to the surgery, I could read something once and recall anything you wanted to ask.. I have had MRI , in th epast to find something, but mostly my primary told me that I have to learn to live with this , side effect of having severe menningitis with a high temp. What can I do?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013