Had surgery for fracture of c1 vertebrae, have major problems with dizziness. Surgery side effect?

i have had surgery for a jeffersons fracture of c1 vertabrae the back side of the vertabrae was seperated from the spine . i was told he was gonna remove the bone and he didnt. i hear crunching and grindidng and ticking sonds in my neck. he said the bone will dissolve, and just wondering if thats true if it is how long would it take and what kind of long term effects do i have to look forward to and can that bone damage my spinal cord if it moves a certain way. and i have major problems with dizziness when i lay down is that a result of something misplaced with surgery? and by the way i have 4 screws smooth shank and 2 rods fuzing the c1 and c2 vertabrae together.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013