Had surgery for cyst removal on ovary. Had bleeding for 2 weeks. Have not had period since then. Reason?

hello dr. I had a laproscopic surgey to remove a chocolate cyst from my left ovary , on Nov the 6th. 2 days later i had bleeding that lasted for 2 weeks. My period was due on the 23rd of last month, but eversince, no peiod has come. Is it normal for a period to be this late after surgery? It has been almost 40 days from the date of surgery, and more than that since the date of my last period. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012