Had surgery for chronic annual fissure. Pain during bowel movements. Recovery period?

Dear Sir, last 11 Apr 2013 I have been operated for chronic annual fissure. the doctor cut a little portion(0.7mm) and done lateral internal sphincterotomy now little/ medium pain is felt while discharging stool. My question is it normal , if so how long it will take to recovery. if any one have good suggestion please prescribe me ,, i will be very great ful. I am working in t he united nations in Lebanon.thanks
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013