Had surgery for bilateral chronic subdural hematomas. Spots of blood when blowing nose. Matter of concern?

Following surgery on 22nd Oct 2012 for bilateral chronic subdural haematomas I am now having slight spots of old blood when I blow my nose , in last 24 hours this has turned to fresh blood, not a lot but definately there. I am due to have surgery for removal of the original VP shunt fitted in February 2012 (an active hydracephalous was diagnosed following MRI ) for an 8 setting shunt. Are these spots of blood anything to be concerned about? My next surgery is planned for either Feburary or April depending how my general health is. I am a 60 year old male. Thank you. Philip W. Cork
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013