Had surgery for a fractured tibia and fibula. Loss of sensation in the foot. Not able to move the toe. Is this serious?

I fractured my tibia/fibula 2/28/2013 clean, closed fracture. I had surgery 3/4/2013 to insert an I.M. Nail in my tibia had a screw put in right under my knee and 3 screws above my ankle. The swelling has gone down but I have no sensation in my foot from my heel all the way up to the hallux and the 2nd phalange. My toe refuses to move and every now and then I get sharp shooting pains at the top of my big toe. I think I also sprained my foot when I broke my leg. My orthopedic surgeon hasn't paid to much attention to my foot. Question is will my foot eventually wake up or not ?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013