Had surgery and radiation for melanoma. Low hemoglobin levels. Blood in stool. GI issues?

My husband is in remission from stage 3 melanoma which was in his lymph mides armpit area. He had surgery and finished radiation last spring. Recently his hemoglobin levels dropped to 7.6 and he now in ER dropped to 6.2 and had blood in stool/rectum. It s also possible he has some GI issues but what would be the cause of a sudden drop ? They admitted him
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Oncologist, Radiation 's  Response
there are possibilities like G -I bleed due to some colonic malignancy or other benign cause like piles, polyp, upper gi bleed for ulceration. sudden fall of hemglobin indicates recent huge blood loss. cause can be identified by clinical history and examination and proper investigation. blood transfusion is mandatory. consult your doctor.