Had surgery. Took bone from lower leg to fix jaw bone, swelling, drainage persists. Concern about?

my father had surgery dec. 18 for socomas in his mouth , which required his bone be taken from lower leg to rebuild right jaw bone, he was released from hospital on dec 30, we did a followup four days later on that thursday, they said his skin graph where bone was taken on lower legs looked fine, the still had a slow drainage from entire site with some odor that day and now 20 days later it still has some drainage but skin on the area around skin graph looks really good, still a little swelling in leg but steadily going down, he just finally got to where he can see it and now hes really scared because he sees it and its still pretty raw looking with the drainage and odor but should we be concerned i
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013