Had surgeries on spine. Being treated with PT, massage therapy. Why is spine painful?

I have had 2 surgeries on my spine...L5S1 Decompression in 2010...Medtronic Spinal cord Stimulator implanted in 2011. I had a CT on 6/5/2012 with these results: Techinque: Axial CT scanning of the lumbar spine was preformed Pre- and postcontrast adm. from T12 through s2 with sagittal and coronal reconstructions. 100 ML Omnipaque 300 IV. Findings: There is mild degenerative Retrolistheses of L1 on L2. There is a transitional segment with partial sacralization of L5. Vertebral bodies are otherwise normal in height and alighnment. No focus of abnormal enhancement is seen. The retroperitoneal soft tissue are normal. At T12-L1 there is a mild broad basedventral extradural defect due to disc and osteophyte . There is a mild deformity of the ventral hecal sac. Minimal narrowing of the inferior neural foramina is present without nerve root compromise. At L1-L2 The disc sppace is narrowed with a broad-based ventral extradural defect. There is a central canal stenosis with the thecal sac measuring 6.7 mm in AP diameter. No significant foraminal narrowing is present. L2-L3 is normal in height. There is a minimal disc bulge and facet arthrosis with mild central canal stenosis. The thecal sac measures 8 MM in AP diameter. Mild narrowing of the neural foramina is present however there is no compromise of the exiting nerve roots. L3-L4 is slightly narrowed. There is a central osteophyte deforming the ventralthecal sac. Thereis central canal stenosis. The thecal sac measures 7 MM in AP diameter. Bilateral foraminal narrowing due to a combination of osteophyte and facet arthrosis is present. Narrowing of the lateral recesses also is present. L4-L5 is slightly narrowed. There is a mild broad-based ventral extradural defect due to disc and osteophyte. Right greater then left foraminal stenosis due to combination of osteophyte and facet arthrosis is present. No canal stenosis is seen. The L5-S1 disc is hypoplastic. Impression: Multilevel degenerative changes of lumbar spine with greatest severity at the L3-L4 level. I was involved in a MVA in 1/2010 and rearended at 60-65 mph. I stopped for an accident infront of me, and had all my weight on my right foot on the brake when I was hit. I have continued to be treated with PT twice a week in aqua therapy and massage therapy, but my right hip and leg remain numb most of the time with great pain radiating down from my center spine to right foot. Please review and give me your opinion as I have been treated by Nero-Surgions and Pain Dr.s since the accident. THanks, Tim
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012