Had surgeries for back, neck for degenerative disc. Prescribed dilaudid after twisting back. Test for knowing problem?

I have had 2 back surgeries and a neck surgery for degenerative disc disease. They place a rod and screws in my back and neck the last back surgery was 3 years ago. I twisted my back 6 weeks ago and something popped and I have been in severe pain since. The pain Drs even changed my morphine to dilaudid due to the pain. I went to the er and they did an MRI and it showed moderate facet degeneration at l2-l3 I can't sit or stand for any length of time without pain and my legs keep going numb where I fall they just give out, I also have central canal stenosis. Is there another test that they can do to see if I have a pinched nerve or there is something going on with my spinal cord, the last surgery they went in and scraped the inside of the cord to widening it due to the stenosis ?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013